And then, out of nowhere, the world is on hold…
It looks like the Universe has pushed the pause button on life as we know it. We’re suddenly forced to stay at home and get back to the basics of life. It’s starts us thinking about whether it’s time for a career pivot.
I’ll admit, this period is a struggle. I’m in the midst of negotiating with my hair stylist to get a care package of hair color I can apply at home. (and you thought I was a natural blonde…. lol) There are so many things we take for granted and we’re suddenly forced to notice them.
Ironically, our career is one of those things we’ve taken for granted. I mean, we all know we need to work, but often we get caught up in the daily grind and we don’t even stop to wonder what other career options are out there. We may be in the wrong career and not even know it.
So, right now, we have no choice but to consider our options. What are your career choices?
We don’t know what the future holds. When this pandemic is over, we don’t know what industries will fall apart and we don’t know what new ones will emerge. Now is the perfect time to think about the future. As the world is on pause, it’s time to focus on you and focus on your career.
Here are 5 reasons why you should focus on whether you need a career pivot right now
- We’re all looking at our mortality differently right now. Things that seemed like they could never happen are happening. That means that when this is over, you’ll want to make the most out of every single minute.
- You’re out of the daily routine and that provides you with a new perspective. You can step back and ponder if what you do every day really is the best fit for you. And, does it align with your values?
- You have time that you didn’t before. You can take on classes and build your resume. Who knows when you’ll have this much ‘you’ time again.
- A focused mind stays out of rabbit holes. If you spend time focusing on you and your career, you’re less likely to get stuck in front of the television watching terrifying statistics. Which, in turn, keeps you more positive and less stressed.
- It’s rewarding to enter a new phase of life (post-pandemic) prepared and ready to go!
To understand what your next steps are to pause and pivot in your career, download the free audio training.
Read More: Learn more about your career in these articles:
Cynthia Corsetti is an Executive Coach and Speaker. If you’d like to learn more on how her C.A.R.E. to Engage system can help you create an engaged workforce in your organization, you can email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org